– My mother continues to own my life. I resent that! What am I to do?
– How old are You?
– You live with your mother?
– No, she bought me and my husband an apartment.
– Who issued?
– She, she’s afraid we’ll break up and he’ll take half.
– Are you financially independent from your mother?
Not really. I’m not working, I have a child for almost three years, and with gardens to the problem. And actually, I think that a woman should be with child, to create coziness at home!
Yeah, right. And my mother still helps somehow?
– Well, she takes her granddaughter when I need to go out or get some rest. Give gifts. We also went to Cyprus for my birthday, and my daughter was left with her. Sometimes he buys delicious food, we go to the clinic together, I am very worried, now such doctors, horror. Continue reading
The question came: “How to make it clear to her husband’s parents that the son has grown up, married and he has his own family! it is not necessary for him now to decide to go to the other (not saying someone else, but simply another family) family and it is not necessary to impose the son of their point of view?”.
The question, as you know, from a woman. Women are usually more sensitive in such matters – they understand better that the interventions described above rarely lead to anything good, and therefore try to minimize them somehow.
Well, I’ll try to answer.
Breaks in half
Let’s start with a short theory – parents naturally strive to improve the lives of their children, this is normal and in some sense inevitable. Parents often intervene for the best of intentions. And if parents see that the marriage of their son (daughter) is not very successful (in their opinion), they tend to intervene.
In some cases, such intervention may be reasonable and useful (for example, if there is physical violence), but much more often the intervention of parents spoils everything. Continue reading